It’s been quite a while since I’ve updated my blog. For a few months I felt like I was floating/drowning in a sea of changes and I finally feel like I’ve gotten close enough to shore to put my feet down and stand up. I’ve completed Yoga Teacher Training, Completely Ayurvedic Bodywork training, opened an art studio, closed an art studio, completed several months of flower/gem/color elixir training, began gathering goddesses on new and full moons created Self-Care Sessions, began monthly Ladies’ Paint Nights and SO MUCH MORE!!!!
To mark my return to my blog, I’m going to start with a New Moon Ritual for you for this New Moon in Leo on August 2nd here in Minnesota. ENJOY!
This is a great new moon to vision board:
- get out a large piece of paper, you will use this as your board (a cork board would also work)
- find a few magazines (even 1 or 2 would work)
- grab glue/tape and a scissors
- start vision boarding! Personally, I like to do this when talking with other people because it gets me out of my head and I only cut out things that really call to me at the moment. This is your chance to dream, and think big! How do you want your life to be? How do you want to feel? What do you want in your life? You may be drawn to cutting out words, or maybe pictures. Just go with the flow. Try to keep any judgement to the side. Keep sticking things to your paper until you feel like you’re done
- Now take a good look at it. Do you see any repeated words, images, phrases, themes? Use this as your guide through the next new moon. If you like to journal or take notes, you could journal about your board or write down anything you notice, and that calls your attention.
- Once you’ve finished your vision board and you’ve found your theme, take a minute to make an “I am….” statement. Even though you are thinking future tense (“I’d like to be more calm and patient”, for instance), you want to phrase the sentence in the present tense (“I am calm and patient”).
- Once you have your “I am…” statement, take a moment to close your eyes, relax and repeat with your breathing. On the inhale “I am…”, on the exhale “…..”. Take as many breaths as you need here. To help intensify your intention even more you can put your hands in a Kubera Mudra. Touch the tip of your thumb, index finger and middle finger together. Bend the other two fingers (ring and pinky) toward the middle of your hand so the tips of those fingers touch the palm of your hand.
- This moon centers in your 3rd chakra, your solar plexus chakra, so this would also be a good time to bring in the color yellow in some way. Personally, I like to use Yellow Colored Elixirs by Flora Corona that I use in my practice, and yellow gemstones. A citrine or amber would be great here. This moon also is related to the heart so you could also include green which is a heart chakra color. My favorite gemstone for this chakra is green kyanite, but go with your gut.
- If you’d like to add aromatherapy, Rosemary and calendula would be great for this ritual. An easy way to do this is to take a tea light and add a couple dried rosemary leaves and a couple dried calendula petals.
Now you have the tools to help you into this new moon phase. I suggest you keep the vision board where you can see it every day. I also suggest you write your “I am…” statement somewhere where you can see it, and continue to repeat it with your breath and using the Kubera Mudra to set the intention and focus your energy. Remember to bring love into your everyday life, even in the littlest ways. Be gentle on yourself and take time for self-care! I know how hard it can be, how burnt out one can get, and how exhausted we all are. That’s why I’ve focused my offerings specifically around Self-Care:
If you are in the Minneapolis area, I’m now teaching 2 different Self- Care Sessions at Svasti Yoga in Minneapolis. One is for better sleep and the other is for starting your day on the right foot. Both are designed for beginners but beneficial for all.
To take the Self-Care even further, I’ve starting taking bodywork clients also at Svasti Yoga in South Minneapolis. I offer ayurvedic bodywork (a type of warm oil massage), crystal chakra balancing sessions, as well as Flower/Gem/Color Essence consultations. If you book your session for sometime in the first three weeks of August, you can take 20% off your session!!!!
And lastly, for those of you anywhere in the world who are feeling stuck or blocked and need a little extra help through this new moon cycle, I offer Distance Reiki Sessions (distance energy work).
Smudging Kits can also be found in my shop for smudging your own sacred space. This is particularly helpful when you’re feeling stagnant energies, and during moon rituals to create a safe and clear space.
Here’s to a fiery and confident new moon cycle!
Next Moon Gathering will be on the upcoming Full Moon on Thursday, August 18th at my home in Minneapolis. Watch my Facebook page for details.
Cake By The Ocean – A Goddess Gathering has also been announced and will take place on the beach in Carpinteria, CA on Sunday, September 25th. Registration is OPEN! :). There will be gentle yoga (for beginners), breath work, and color meditations along side the ocean. There will be flower infused cakes and champagnes. There will be mandalas which you will create and paint with water colors infused with flowers and ocean water. Treat yourself to some SERIOUS Self-Care with other goddesses.