This month has been wild and crazy. A month of huge motivation, and huge hibernation. A month of BUSY, and a month of “I CAN’T possibly do any more so I’m just going to not do anything”. A month of optimism and a month of pessimism. A month of aligning with my True North, and a month of my Ego Self telling me all the things I CAN’T and SHOULDN’T do. The WHOLE spectrum, my friends. And I have a feeling I’m not the only one.
What I DID do this month which has been getting me through some of these wild and crazy days, as vision board (or mood board, or inspiration board). I created one for myself (those lovely reminders that I’M GOOD and I’M WORTH IT!). And I created one to help me put together an epic business plan for the new creative coworking space I’m putting my ALL into right now.
This also happens to be my absolute favorite thing to do on a new moon. It helps bring into focus things which may have gotten totally out of whack, and showing myself what I FEEL is really important (which is usually NOT my “to do” list).
Should you feel called to try this out yourself today for this new moon, here’s the lowdown:
- get out a large piece of paper, you will use this as your board (a cork board would also work)
- find a few magazines (even 1 or 2 would work)
- grab glue/tape and a scissors
- start vision boarding! Personally, I like to do this when talking with other people because it gets me out of my head and I only cut out things that really call to me at the moment. This is your chance to dream, and think big! How do you want your life to be? How do you want to feel? What do you want in your life? You may be drawn to cutting out words, or maybe pictures. Just go with the flow. Try to keep any judgement to the side. Keep sticking things to your paper until you feel like you’re done
- Now take a good look at it. Do you see any repeated words, images, phrases, themes? Use this as your guide through the next new moon. If you like to journal or take notes, you could journal about your board or write down anything you notice, and that calls your attention.
- Once you’ve finished your vision board and you’ve found your theme, take a minute to make an “I am….” statement. Even though you are thinking future tense (“I’d like to be more calm and patient”, for instance), you want to phrase the sentence in the present tense (“I am calm and patient”).
- Once you have your “I am…” statement, take a moment to close your eyes, relax and repeat with your breathing. On the inhale “I am…”, on the exhale “…..”. Take as many breaths as you need here. To help intensify your intention even more you can put your hands in a Kubera Mudra. Touch the tip of your thumb, index finger and middle finger together. Bend the other two fingers (ring and pinky) toward the middle of your hand so the tips of those fingers touch the palm of your hand.
Now you have the tools to help you into this new moon phase. I suggest you keep the vision board where you can see it every day. I also suggest you write your “I am…” statement somewhere where you can see it, and continue to repeat it with your breath and using the Kubera Mudra to set the intention and focus your energy.
Remember to bring love into your everyday life, even in the littlest ways. I know how hard it can be, how burnt out one can get, and how exhausted we all are. Be gentle on yourself and take time for self-care!
I have a couple more openings for a Series of Three Distance Energy Sessions, and they are discounted for January ONLY!
Find out more about this opportunity here. We begin today!